26 March 2008

Easter & Wedding


another Easter away from family - sad! just a way of life now, i suppose, though. we threw a little party for folks down here, gathering in all those who were also away from families. but, next year, we will have our own little home, if we can't make it to a genuine family gathering, and will be able to start our own traditions, like Easter eggs and baskets and such things.

speaking of weddings ... we have had a slight setback with wedding, namely, we lost our reception site. me mum, however, has assured me that our Lady, who is the wedding expert, has everything under control. so, instead of getting upset about that, i was reduced to outraged tears when the post office gave us only pastel pink, swirly heart stamps. however, i fully recognize the absurdity of this, and with the help of my most wonderful, patient darling, and my delightful roommate, all the envelopes received the offending but necessary postage.

in the meantime, my main concern is my comprehensive exams: three Shakespeare plays, three novels, a poem analysis, and the inevitable Eliot. i am shaking in my boots, and need to stop avoiding my studying.


but: He is risen, alleluia!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pink swirly stamps or no, i damn well better get an invitation!
Ang