20 September 2006

safe in the ivory tower

i love academia. i am happier here than i have been in such a very long time. i have about eighty quotes that i would love to post and wax "eloquent" but i still think this is one of the best, from my great-grandmother's Manual of Prayers:

How boundless, O Jesus, is Thy love! Thou hast prepared for me, of Thy most precious Body and Blood, a divine Banquet, wherein Thou dost give Thyself to me without reserve. What hath urged Thee to this excess of love? Nothing but Thine own most loving Heart. O most worthy Heart of Jesus, furnace of divine love, receive my soul into the wounds of Thy most sacred Passion, that in this school of charity I may learn to make a return of love to that God who hath given me such wondeful proofs of His love. Amen.
edited jb

4 comments:

GreenGirl said...

Awsome, Miss Gypsy.

Love the new look too.:)

M' Lady's Topsail said...

God is mighty in His blessings - and one of them is YOU!

lord_sebastian_flyte said...

Is your blogname inspired at all by Toad the Wet Sprocket's album of the same name? I know that would be much less poetic than the Don Quixote reference, but just thought I'd ask...

j'aime said...

wow! i have not thought of that album in a long time, but it was highly present in highschool: my freshman year soundtrack, if you will. "i am feeling really stupid". great album; great band!