30 August 2014

Mourning

It's been just over a month now since "The Accident," and whoah Nellie it's been a long month. I know from other losses that it will never get any less surreal. It will become "normal" in that daily life without her will be how it is, and the brain will adjust to that, but it will never really be real. and it will never feel less stupid.
I haven't been able to write here, although I've been writing more on some projects I've had in hand for a while. I haven't really been calling people, but I do appreciate getting phone calls! I have been more or less in a state of inertia, realizing that lfie is hurtling right along and I need to be on the train. I've been shopping for school supplies--Finn starts kindergarten this year!--and preparing for the class I'll be teaching at the homeschool co-op I'll be joining next year, when Finn and I begin that journey. I'm so excited! I've really missed teaching and being "intellectual." I keep thinking about going back to school for my Doctorate. I don't know if that will ever happen, but I sure hope it does. I'll be teaching IEW--Institute for Excellence in Writing, founded by Andrew Pudewa (and folks, Andrew Pudewa is . . . oh man. He's so cool. I went to a talk of his on grammar and I was trying not to do dances of joy and glee when he was talking about word as essence.). In addition to being a huge fan of his philosophy, metaphysics, and writing program, I felt totally vindicated when in one of his videos he said he hated practicing violin as a kid. Sorry, Finn. No dice. We're not quitting. I'll also be teaching philosophy once a month, and then drama in the spring. Also I have ten riding students lined up. I'm going to be a very busy mama!
And I'm so glad. Because every day I miss you, Sarah.

We got holes in our hearts
we got holes in our lives
yeah we got holes, we got holes
but we carry on

1 comment:

A Pilgrim said...

That was a rather amazing talk, wasn't it? You know, now that I think of it, I saw Sarah at the IEW table at IHM. We were both getting Bible Heroes... she will be sorely missed. I remember something her dad told me:"She is still with you." May we continue to seek her intercession as we begin the adventure which is co-op.. and to hope in He who is the Eternal Way, the Truth, and the Life. We shall see her again! One day we will rejoice together in that Kingdom which knows no end and which has no sorrow forever! God bless you, J'aime! Tanya <3