25 July 2006

random thoughts before departure

finally going back overseas after eight years of waiting; doesn't even seem real ... this time mostly in italy.

i've decided the best way to interact with reality is complete flippancy ...

brief word on "it's all over now, baby blue": i have wrapped up the shreds of my heart in this song; i tied up the pieces in the words to keep them together ...

we cannot be bound by the past, but we are formed and shaped by it. it's a complete circle, with the past shaping us, and who we are in this moment creating the past. so "take these chains, dance all night".

submit always with complete holy indifference, remembering how illusory our control over life really is ...

and always, always pax tecum

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Thanks for the note at my blog. You yourself seem to be quite the alluvial blogger. Are you coming back to Dallas? If so, let me know, and we can get some joe. And thanks for the tip to your neat blog--keep on going.

M. Fish

Anonymous said...

The ocean took my baby.
My baby took my heart from me.
She packed it all up in a suitcase,
Lord, she took it away to Italy, Italy.

Just carry yourself back to me unspoiled,
for that's all I'm wishing to be owning.

Anyway, have a wonderful trip!

j'aime said...

jason, thanks for the comments & the lines! italy was amazing, as can only be expected.
pax tecum,
j'aime